Cloud Operations Engineer
Lion’s Gate Security Solutions is a leader in the cybersecurity industry. We are a national firm that works with federal, state, and local governments as well as corporations to ensure that their information and assets remain protected in a world of ongoing cyber threats. Lion’s Gate’s professional team of IT engineers consists of network, cloud and data center engineers, network penetration specialists, project managers, and IT consultants. Each person is selected for Lion’s Gate based on their field expertise, work ethic, and professionalism.
1.0 Position Overview
We are looking for a capable Cloud Operations Engineer who enjoys technical work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in network architecture. Cloud security and operations engineers specialize in creating and implementing cloud-based solutions such as SaaS and PaaS. Other job responsibilities may include creating and employing disaster recovery solutions and assisting with continuous improvement activities. Our engineers often oversee system monitoring solutions and assist field personnel with technical issues.
2.0 Essential Functions
1. Maintain corporate active directory domain, domain controllers, and member servers
2. Maintain a secure and efficient corporate network
3. Manage AWS infrastructure
4. Manage Azure infrastructure
5. Install/manage firewalls/switches across a WAN/LAN environment
6. Assist communications team with VoIP initiatives and troubleshooting
7. Maintain and enforce a secure cloud environment
8. Monitor and manage all backups
9. Maintain an up-to-date Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan
10. Develop and maintain system documentation, manuals, and change logs
11. Perform requirements by gathering, business process analysis and project management tasks as needed
12. Act as a point of escalation for the support services team
13. Act as the top-tier escalation point for Network Administrators
14. Mentor and develop subordinate Network Administrators
15. Develop and maintain vendor relationships
16. Occasional travel to branch sites to assist with setups and/or critical issues
17. Onsite, remote, on-call, and emergency support
Expert Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills
Expert understanding of networking concepts and protocols
Ability to read and understand Python, Ruby code; good Shell scripting skills
Good knowledge of virtualization solutions (libvirt, KVM, VMWare)
Good knowledge of network and distributed storage solutions (iSCSl, Ceph)
Demonstrated good judgment and proactive approach in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance and proposing solutions.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create technical documentation and system diagrams.
Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Ability to prioritize workload and tasks to effectively meet deadlines, and ability to lead and own projects.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Cyber-Security, Networking, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field required; equivalent work experience as a cloud operations may be substituted for education.
Minimum of three years of experience in LAN and WAN technologies, network design, network management, cloud operations, etc.
Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience performing Windows/Cisco system administration duties in a critical production environment.
Microsoft MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure; Microsoft MCSA: Linux on Azure; AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate; AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional; Google Professional Cloud Architect; Cisco CCNA Cloud; Cisco CCNP Cloud.
To be determined based on the nature of the position being filled, education/certification, and work experience.
7.0 Equal Opportunity Employer
Lion’s Gate Security Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lion’s Gate Security Solutions will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 440-539-8382.